Skip to content
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In addition to the terms specified in the Students Contract,; and Center Policies, the following Terms and Conditions shall also govern the admission of a child in PTAJ (the “center”). The Parents/Guardians agree to comply and shall ensure that their ward(s) also comply with these Terms and Conditions at all times.
- RIGHTS RESERVED
All Terms and Conditions and the Center Fees mentioned on the Center website and/or in the Center diary are valid for the relevant academic year only. The Center reserves the right to amend any of these Fees or Terms and Conditions at its discretion. Granting of admission is at the discretion of the Center.
- CENTER COMMENCEMENT & VACATION PERIOD
The Center offer Cambridge curriculum.
i. The academic year of the Center shall commence from 1st January for Cambridge Curriculum. The Center reserves the right to amend the commencement date.
ii. Vacation period- For Cambridge curriculum, 9 weeks holiday will be spread over the months of December, April and August.
iii. The Center shall observe all Malaysian public holidays especially Selangor state holidays.
- FEE PAYING AND DEADLINES
- All Center Fees are to be paid before the under mentioned payment deadline dates. Each Academic year consists of 3 Terms.
Cambridge: Academic Year: September to August
TERM 1 (1st Sep – 9th Dec) – Fees to be paid by 10th Sep.
TERM 2 (2nd Jan – 31th March) – Fees to be paid by 10th Jan.
TERM 3 (19th April – 7th July) – Fees to be paid by 10th May.
- Payment options available, and charges thereof, are as follows:
a. Cheque, Bank Draft Payable to: PTAJ MANAGEMENT SERVICE
b. Cash- Payment to be done at Center
IGCSE fee v3 as at 14 aug 2020
- Administration charges of RM200.00 will be imposed for unsuccessful fee transactions or cheques/GIRO that are not honored by the bank for any reasons.
- Fees are exclusive of books/stationery/transport/Board examination fees etc.
- Late payment fee will be charged as per Schedule D of the Contract, if the fee is not paid on or before the due date. Surcharges will be applied to all late payments and the center will NOT entertain any reasons for late payment.
A)Late payment may attract other penalties as mentioned in Point 5B below in addition to the above.
B) In case of late payment of fees the following may apply jointly/severally (along with late payment charges), at the discretion of the center:
i. Withholding of the student’s results/report card/information regarding student’s progress at PTAJ.
ii. Thirty days past fees submission deadline will attract the suspension of services offered by center to the student /parent, including but not limited to:
- Participation in any activity organized/facilitated/sponsored by the center.
- Disallow student from attending center.
- Disallow transfer certificate from being issued.
- Suspend any student insurance claim being entertained by center to the appropriate insurance authority.
iii. In the event of the outstanding fee not being paid within 60 (calendar) days past fee deadline the student will be declared as ‘non-valid student’ and all services to student /parent may be terminated, in addition to point above.
C) The center will exercise its discretion in allowing re-continuation of education services to the student in case of ‘non-valid student’ status. PTAJ will treat student as a fresh admission in case a re-continuation is permitted by the center authorities, and all fees/charges applicable to a fresh student will be imposed.
D) The center reserves the right to withhold examination results (Internal or external Board results) and shall prevent the student/ candidate from attending or appearing for any examination conducted by the center in the event of non-payment of any dues to the center.
- The Center reserves the right to modify the fee-structure/components mentioned in Schedules B and C of the Contract at any time during the academic term, by notifying the parents/ guardians in advance, in writing.
- RE-ENROLMENT & TRANSFER
Students who re-register with PTAJ within 2 years of leaving Center will receive a 50% subsidy (25% if re-registering after 2 years of leaving Center) on the prevailing Enrolment Fee only. The student will be required to take the Aptitude Assessment and the student shall pay the prevailing fee.
IGCSE fee v3 as at 14 aug 2020
Students on inter-PTAJ center transfer shall receive a 50% subsidy on Enrolment Fee, but are not required to pay Application Fee.3
- DEPOSITS & DEPOSIT REFUND POLICY
- Refundable deposit will be charged per child. Please refer to our fee structure at http://globalcentermalaysia.org/Admissions/FeesStructure.aspx.
- Deposit refund :When the child leaves the center, the parents are required to give a compulsory 3 month withdrawal notice to the center. During this 3 month notice period, the child should attend the Center and would have to pay all the applicable fees in full. If for any reasons (including parents’ transfer) the child is unable to physically attend the Center or has to leave earlier, the parent shall pay all applicable fees for the entire 3 month notice period. The Center reserves the right to deduct all unpaid fees from the deposit including those for the notice period. The Transfer Certificate will be issued only when the account is settled fully.
- No refunds are applicable in case the student moves from a class or curriculum with a higher Enrolment fee or Security Deposit fee to a lower one.
- In following cases the notice period of three months will be not imposed:
a. Transfer of job from Employer and not by Employee (Letter from Employer is required)
b. Non-renewal of Employment Pass/termination of Employee. It does not apply for resignation.
c. On medical grounds (Original medical report is required – applies only for the parents, child and siblings). The Center shall have the sole discretion on the acceptance of the medical report/certificate and may require an independent medical opinion or report before allowing the waiver.
d. Non-renewal/rejection of Student Pass by Malaysian Immigration Department.
- CENTER BUS
The Center provides bus service through a vendor. The bus fee is exclusive and needs to be paid separately at the Center.
- Bus Fees is charged on a Zone basis. The child may opt for a 1-way or 2-way service.
- Cancellation of Bus Service
a. For the Cancellation of the Bus Services a notice period of 1 months is required. Once the Bus Service is cancelled the parent can reapply for the Bus service only after a period of 6 months.
b. The cancellation request must be submitted in writing to the Center Authority only and not to transport contractor or the Bus driver.
- LONG LEAVE STUDENT
- A student can take long leave from Center only upon prior approval from the Principal. All due fees should be paid for the period of long leave.
- The student needs to pay all applicable Center fees for the notice period of three months in case of withdrawal of student on long leave.
IGCSE fee v3 as at 14 aug 2020
- Any default on payment will be adjusted against the refundable Security Deposit.
The Center shall provide emergency outpatient treatment for medical eventualities by a qualified registered nurse.
- The parent/guardian must declare to the Center in writing, at the time of admission, of any/all serious illness, debility – physical or mental, and/or health condition and/or allergy of the child.
- The parent must also inform the Center, in writing, from time to time, as and when the child is diagnosed of any serious illness, debility – physical or mental, and/or health condition and/or allergy.
- The Center shall not be responsible for any medical exigencies that involve special medical intervention in relation to the special or serious illness, debility – physical or mental, and/or health condition and/or allergy of the child.
- FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (WHERE APPLICABLE)
a. STUDENT PASS APPLICATION
PTAJ undertakes best efforts to assist the Student if he/she requires a Student Pass from the Malaysian Immigration Department. This includes, without limitation, providing the Student with advice on obtaining such pass, verifying the Student’s enrolment and immigration status, and providing all such assistance as may be necessary to procure the Student Pass on behalf of the Student. Please note that PTAJ shall not be held responsible under any circumstances in case a Student Pass is not issued or delayed or contains incorrect details.
b. STUDENT PASS NOT TRANSFERABLE
The student pass is not transferable and will expire upon the Student ceasing to be a student of PTAJ. PTAJ is under obligation to inform the Immigration Department of the student’s withdrawal from, or completion of his/her course of study at PTAJ, and the student will deliver to PTAJ, before the last date of being in the center, a copy of the Student’s passport, Student Pass and the Student Identity card, so that the center can proceed with the cancellation of the student pass with the Malaysian Immigration Department.
- ADHERENCE TO CENTER POLICIES
All students whether in center or outside the center, have to adhere to all the center rules and regulations at all times, and failure to do so may result in center taking appropriate action including the termination of the student’s admission, cancellation of the Student Contract or any action as per the Disciplinary Policy.
- CONTACT DETAILS
All parents/ guardians of the students must provide their particulars to the Center for contact purposes.
The guardian should be a Malaysian Citizen / Malaysian Permanent Resident above eighteen (18) years old or the parent of the international student if the parent is working / staying in Malaysia. The
IGCSE fee v3 as at 14 aug 2020
parents/ guardians of the students are required to report any change in guardianship to the center immediately.
All the parents/ guardians are required to keep their information/ details updated on their respective myPTAJ (Student Learning Management System) accounts at all times.
- CANCELLATION OF ADMISSION
The students admission may be deemed cancelled or terminated without notice by PTAJ, if:
a. If the Student Contract has not been signed by the parent on behalf of the student. In this case the Student Contract shall be deemed to not have come into existence and shall not have any binding contractual relationship between PTAJ and the parent/ guardian/student.
b. The student or their parent/guardian commits breach of clauses mentioned herein.
c. Commits breach of Code of Conduct as per Center’s guidelines posted on the Center’s intranet – myPTAJ or center diary. The center reserves the right to amend the code of conduct guidelines from time to time as may be deemed appropriate and the parents/ guardians are requested to regularly visit myPTAJ to keep themselves updated with all such changes.
d. The student and/or his/her parent/guardian are convicted of an offence involving honour, honesty or public morals and order.
e. The student and/or his/her parent/guardian discourages the public in seeking admissions or encouraging them in withdrawing admissions from the Center.
f. The student and/or his/her parent/guardian defames the center or its staff in public or carries out unlawful activity against the center or its staff or discloses incorrect information about the Center so as to bring ill-repute to the center or its teachers or its present Employees or the institution as a whole.
g. The student or parent/guardian is discovered to have misled or cheated the center by way of submitting false or fake documents/certificates or made incorrect statements to the center.
h. Student has absented himself/herself from the center without prior permission or intimation for more than 15 days.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
a. It is agreed and accepted that the student and their parents/guardian shall maintain absolute confidentiality and secrecy towards center’s confidential and/or secret and/or proprietary information or documents including any information in an electronic format. Unless the center has specifically authorized in writing of any document which could be made public or share, all other information/documents would be deemed confidential/secret/proprietary and any sharing of such information/documents to public or unauthorized persons shall construe as breach of admissions terms and conditions.
b. Confidential Information/documents whether published or printed or communicated verbally including minutes of meeting, circulars, homework, assignments, exam papers, teaching aids on myPTAJ and/or other materials / documents made available on myPTAJ are strictly confidential in nature. Unauthorized publication or circulation of such information with any unauthorized person would construe as breach of center’s terms and conditions.
IGCSE fee v3 as at 14 aug 2020
c. Student acknowledges that the intellectual property rights for any project, worksheet, information, writing, publication, printed books, industry papers, guides or any documents provided by the center to the student, in the course of enrolment at PTAJ shall remain intellectual property of PTAJ and shall belong exclusively and solely to PTAJ in its entirety, and may be used by PTAJ for any commercial or non-commercial purposes without any payment to the student, regardless of whether he/she continues to be enrolled in PTAJ or not. Similarly, parents agree to PTAJ using students’ work, photographs and videos of the student, and other materials for purposes such as publicizing and promoting PTAJ and its students’ accomplishments.
d. The students or parents or guardians of students are strictly prohibited from disclosing to unauthorized users, the contents of center’s intranet which include parents and students contact information, telephone numbers and email addresses. If the student or parents discloses to any other unauthorized person or person not related to or employed by the center or to any third party which may use the information for their commercial or personal benefit, the center reserves the right to take legal action against the students or their parents/ guardians who was found to be responsible for passing on such information or with whose help such information was acquired by the third party. The center also reserves the right to take legal action against such third parties for illegally using or acquiring the center’s confidential information.
e. Provided always that should the Center on its own volition disclose such information and make it available to the general public, the student or parent/ guardian shall no longer be restricted but only as regards those ‘public domain’ information disclosed by the Center. Any information disclosed by the Center to students of the Center or other employees shall not be regarded as information in the area of “public domain”.
f. Upon withdrawal of the student for any reason whatsoever, the student is to return, without demand, all documents and electronic data (whether in printed or machine-readable form) to the Center.